“I believe that all woman are pretty without makeup and can be pretty powerful with the right makeup” – Bobby Brown
Every woman on this earth is beautiful in her own way. Everytime we look at mirror, we admire ourselves and I believe in simple formula – If you look good, you feel good and then you do good. And then there is makeup to enhance our beauty and make us more confident and happy about ourselves. After all who does not like to look more gorgeous everyday. 😉
Mornings are tough times for us girls. We take quite a lot of time to decide our outfits and then though we love makeup too, but somehow there is no time left, so many of us will do it in either office washrooms before entering the cabins or cars or someplace else. So today’s post is about basics of makeup for office which if done right will enhance your features in no time and make you all ready for the long day ahead.
Natural Glowy Skin – The makeup stands right on the base that you create on the skin. It is the foundation of your whole look. You can use a tinted moisturizer or BB creams. After the base, touch up with some concealer where required. There are so many of the BB creams and concealers available in the market and you may try it after reading the reviews on makeup review websites. The only blog I follow for makeup recommendation is IMBB. You may check the reviews there depending on your skin and then decide. I generally avoid foundation for regular use, but you may use some light reflecting foundation and apply it correctly.
Eye-Brows – Yes, you read it right. Your brows are very important part of your face and sadly, they are quite understated part too. Many of us do every step in our makeup, but do not even care to look at our brows. They frame your face and give it an edge. Use dark brown or black color eye brow pencils to fill in your brows. Fill them with light hands and you will realize what difference it brings to your face.
Eyes – Next comes the turn of eyes. Usually the eye and lip makeup can be different for everyone depending on own preference and office environment. As the world says, keep one part highlighted and other one subtle. For eyes, you have to keep three products ready, Kajal, eyeliner and Mascara. I usually do not wear kajal and eyeliner together. It is either one for me. Applying both makes my grey eyes pop too much and hence I use only one. Now I would advise to keep it easy on the mascara. Make it look natural instead of heavy lashes like old movies actresses. Eyeshadows can be used depending on the environment of office. Try natural eyeshadows like beige, blush pink or light grey and do not use glittery ones. They do not look professional unless it is a media or creative house you work in.
Lips – Now comes the turn of lips. Personally I am fond of light pinks and nude shades, but I think that you can wear almost any color if you know how to carry them. If you are a beginner, try light pink, beige color lipstick and avoid neon colors or dark colors like red or berry. If you like lip-gloss, please ensure that it is without shimmery particles. Over the course of day, your lipstick fades and then the shimmer sticking to lips looks really bad.
Tips – Now some general hands up regarding the makeup.
- Your makeup should always enhance your features, but it should not look cakey or layered. Your skin should look relaxed because you spend over 8-10hours layered with makeup and by the time day ends; I have seen some girls really struggling with the patches of makeup on their faces.
- Try to avoid some hot reds or fuchsia pink lip colors as you do not want people to keep looking at your lips when you talk about your important work. Do not blame your colleagues for staring. It’s natural that bright colors catch attention of onlookers.
- Invest in some good quality makeup products and try to wear which are usually good in terms of longevity. If doing makeup for the day means more of washroom trips to do touch-ups, then you will stay conscious of it and will not be able to focus on your work which is not what we want, right?
- Always remove your makeup after reaching home with a good cleanser. I swear by Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion. It does not take away the moisture of my skin, but clears the last trace of makeup.
- Apply a good night cream to repair and take care of your skin. Your skin bears all kinds of chemicals, heat, cold and sun-rays during the day. You need to pamper it with at least a night cream to replenish overnight. My favorites are from Forest Essentials, Jasmine and Patchouli or Eternal Youth. Both do wonders for your skin.
Now let’s do a roundup of everything we numbered above. While doing makeup for regular day at office, make the base right, make the skin glow. Then shape the eye brows and apply kajal, eyeliner or mascara. At last, you color your lips and voila, you are ready to rise and shine the whole day. 🙂
Hope that you like the article. If you do, please comment below to let me know. Also share the products you use for regular use. I would love to try them. 🙂
Pics Credits – Look, Skin, Eyebrows, Eyes, Lips